A License Issued By A Country That Has A Reciprocal Agreement With The U.s

Licensed U.S. channels are obliged to carry and supply on demand: a DX shipment is an expedition to what is considered by amateurs to be an exotic location, perhaps because of its isolation or because there are very few radio enthusiasts who are active there. It could be an island, a country or even a particular location in a geographic grid. In 2009, the Electronic Communications Committee (ECC) revised the “CEPT Novice Radio Amateur” licence, a separate agreement to include reciprocal operating privileges in some CEPT countries under modified conditions. Reciprocal European privileges have been at least partially restored to U.S. general class operators as CEPT Novice Operators. [2] In the absence of agreement between countries, amateur broadcasters often have to apply for a mutual operating licence or a full amateur radio licence and a call signal from the host country. Some countries may accept an amateur radio licence abroad as proof of qualification rather than examination requirements[1], while other host countries may unilaterally grant reciprocal operating privileges without the need for additional licensing. 1.

It should be noted that the FCC no longer issues reciprocal authorizations to foreign amateur licensees. See Report and Order, On the Issue of Biannual Regulatory Review — Changes in Parts 0, 1, 13, 22, 24, 26, 27, 80, 87, 90, 95, 97 and 101 of the Commission`s rules to facilitate the development and use of the universal licensing system in wireless telecommunications services, WT Docket 998-20, 13 F RCCCd 21027 (1998). Therefore, the mutual operating authority does not need additional authorization issued by the FCC as described above. The International Amateur Radio Permit (IARP) allows foreign operations within the contracting states of North and South America, without any license or authorization being required. [8] Although Antarctica is contractually regarded as international, amateur broadcasters in Antarctica are often subject to reciprocal licensing requirements for the country under which the camp is under the flag. [12] Foreign amateurs who wish to work in the United States and who are not licensed or a U.S. citizen may do so in one of three ways: – There is an automatic reciprocal agreement between the United States and Canada, so there is no need to apply for authorization. Just sign your U.S. call, followed by a slash and Canadian letter/number identification.

The FCC does not have information on the specific requirements for reciprocal transactions abroad. FCC licensed amateur operators should enter into their agreements with the relevant government authority abroad. The action was brought to life by former ARRL President Robert W. Denniston. Denniston DX-Pedition 1948 was in the Bahamas and was called the previous year “Gon-Waki” ala the expedition “Kon Tiki” of ala Thor Heyerdahl.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.